Full time, 40 hours a week – 5 days a week – 9am-6pm
who are we?
miggle are a friendly Brighton-based agency of 11 people who specialise in building web sites.
what we want?
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic, ambitious person who is looking for a role in digital, not necessarily design or development based, to give our technology team the support and help they need to do their jobs.
You should be articulate and numerate and be able to build up strong relationships with people in person, on the phone and in written communication.
Because you want to carve out a career, or build on your existing experience in the digital industry, you’ll see miggle as the ideal place to get a range of experiences in a fast-paced, fun atmosphere with a group of people who enjoy helping each other and our clients out.
who do we work with?
We’ve built websites for a range of clients, like Air New Zealand, AVERT, Brighton and Hove Council, International Animal Rescue, LAMDA, NBC Universal, NHS and Travel Nation amongst others.
how do we do it?
We learn from and support each other. We use our self-directed development budgets and down-time to extend our learning as part of a general passion for the web.
requirements of the role
Acting as a first line of support to the product and development team and being their go-between with finance and account management functions.
Assist with ensuring accurate and efficient use of miggle resources. Helping to ensure that projects, services and products are delivered in line with expectation of clients and within acceptable parameters of time/cost.
This role would suit someone with an interest in software development and websites who would like to move up into a project management, product and/or business analyst type position.
- Processing all new inbound support tickets (about 5-10 each day)
- Monitoring all updated support tickets (around 40 per day)
- Answering all inbound phone calls (about 5 per day)
- Responsible for assisting project and product delivery - using internal management and communication tools (Google Drive, Jira, Toggl and Xero)
- Acting as the ambassador for these tools and ensuring all team members are using them effectively
- Preparing monthly reports on resource usage, advising Account Management of time usage and Finance with hours used/requested for billing purposes
- Inform the collaborative dynamic planning process, prioritising work against capacity and capability
- Help ensure appropriate level of quality checking of products is applied.
- Work closely with development team - ensuring they have tools and information to do their job.
- Monitor and act upon service messages from 3rd party suppliers and keep clients informed where appropriate
- Spot potential issues in advance and head them off
- Minimum C grade in Maths, English and ICT (or Computer Science) in GCSE
- A level or equivalent in Maths and a computing and/or media related subject
- Evidence of customer facing and office based work experience
At the higher end of our salary range we would expect you to already have a minimum of a year’s experience in a similar role, as well as knowledge of:
- Drupal and/or other open-source content management technologies
- Agile project management methodologies
- Tools like JIRA and Toggl
Salary up to £18-23k per annum pro-rata plus benefits. This is a full-time position, Mon-Fri (up to 40 hours per week), based in our Brighton office.
All miggle staff get:
- Their birthdays off (as well as minimum 25 days holiday plus Bank and Public holidays)
- A £900 self-directed development budget, as well as access to training where relevant
- A salary and performance review every 6 months
- A matched pension contribution of 3%
- Regular team events
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 16th June 2017